Camera Hardware – Photonic Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Sensing Device group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of core technologies that enables revolutionary features on Apple products, such as FaceID and LiDAR Scanner. As a key member of our design team, you will play a crucial role in the delivering of our next generation semiconductor devices.
- 2+ years experiences working with in one or few of the following areas: laser, optics, wafer test, semiconductor physics.
- Proficiency in programing languages, such as Python, Matlab or C++, for test automation and/or data analysis
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate with international teams and suppliers
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- A strong team player, and innovative thinker
- Experience with semiconductor process is a plus
- Experience with mechanical design and process is a plus
- Proficiency in English language is required
Key Responsibilities: Lead laser component development effort and define engineering requirements. Establish the spec correlation between laser component level and module/system level Drive suppliers to develop advanced wafer-level optics, from design, process flow to metrology methods. Bench-level validation of engineering prototypes. Regular presentation to internal x-functional team and senior management from NPI phase to mass production. Contribute to the key design and process IP development for Apple technology roadmap. Cross-functional responsibilities : Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Process Engineering, Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art solutions. 10~20% international travel expected.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in Materials, Physics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with 2-7 years industry experience preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace