Camera Silicon Design Lead (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver extraordinary hardware to enable exclusive camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges. In this role, you will deliver silicon-level solutions for the development of next-generation camera hardware, architect IC-level system solutions and drive new silicon development. This role will provide you with an opportunity to impact the roadmap for silicon hardware development for next-generation applications and provides wide exposure to the complete development process from conceptualization to mass production. This role will expose you to a fast-paced yet exciting development environment for next-gen products challenging you to apply and advance your fundamental knowledge of physics, electrical engineering and signal processing to system architecture, analog mixed-signal IC development and system integration of the ICs. Examples of ICs developed in this role are advanced autofocus and optical stabilization controllers, flicker detectors, and a variety of VCSEL and LED drivers for camera applications in consumer products.
- Strong understanding of EE fundamentals.
- Experience in architecting and analyzing system level requirements and developing solutions at either board level or at IC level or a combination of both.
- Proven track of record of supporting IC development activities such as validation, test and qualification to support high volume ramp.
- Experience in leading design of complex analog/mixed signal ICs.
- Experience in developing and analyzing experiments for debug for systematically. establishing root cause for challenging electrical problems at both IC and system level.
- Strong understanding of board level design, constraints and best practices.
- Basic understanding of embedded FW/host SW interaction.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, starting with incomplete information to research, build and develop understanding of complex systems.
- Experience in developing parts with embedded microcontrollers or developing solutions with external microcontrollers and accompanied FW is a plus.
- Knowledge of various digital communication interfaces both at physical layer and protocol layer is a plus.
- Experience in the fields of autofocus and optical stabilizations (AF/OIS) drivers, magnetic and optical sensing and controls, voice coil motor (VCM) drivers and custom silicon design is a plus.
- Proficiency in English language is required
•Develop an in-depth understanding of overall system requirements, architect ICs and its sub-systems and lead the custom analog-mixed-signal IC development. •Technical interaction with cross-functional teams including image sensing, image quality, camera controls, sensing, mechanical, optical, firmware, product and test to understand product requirements and then translating them to IC specifications. •Own and develop a clear detailed architecture and electrical specification requirement document to engage with vendors and participate in vendor selection. •Independent ownership of leading with the vendor development of an analog mixed signal IC through its complete development lifecycle including review of design verification and silicon validation plan and results, ensuring a high quality final silicon. •Participate in reviews, provide technical feedback and guidance, negotiate and resolve specification conflicts throughout the entire development. •Engage with cross functional teams to design the IC into products, review internal validation results, provide broad electrical engineering support and, debug and solve system integration issues during and after product ramp. •Review and participate in providing feedback and guidance for board level design including routing, passive component selection and power supply network design. •Develop prototype solutions to investigate solutions for next-gen products including emulation platform development using discrete components, micro-controllers and/or FPGA.
Education & Experience
Preferred MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
- Experience in managing large projects, analyzing and communicating technical and schedule risk, understanding project schedule and resourcing and driving accountability is a plus.
- Passion and drive to go above and beyond to accomplish objective ensuring highest quality work.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.