SWE - Software Engineer (Cellular Platform), WTE
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Apple engineers have always focused on one person when they build software — the person who will use it. Working with our Software (SWE) group, you’ll see why every Apple product and service feels intuitive and simple, and why every aspect of this group’s work is built around a respect for the customer’s needs. The world is quickly moving to 5G, and iPhone offers an advanced 5G experience, transforming the way users connect, share, and enjoy content. Support for 5G on iPhone around the globe includes over 200 carriers worldwide in 60 countries and regions. Would you like to make an impact on this scale? Join our Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) team and help us create amazing experiences through ground breaking advances in cellular technologies.
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Track record building low level driver software for embedded platforms
- Good fundamentals in embedded processors and RTOS concepts (e.g. ThreadX)
- Understand embedded real-time software for ARM/RISC based SoCs
- Excellent engineering skills, including driver software design, implementation, validation and debugging
- Familiar with version control systems like git, Perforce, etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective in multi-disciplinary teams and able to present sophisticated technical topics
The Cellular Platform Software Driver Team are responsible for architecture, design, implementation and quality of platform software and drivers. Based in Munich we define and work on Platform software design and development, collaborating with Cellular Protocol Stack, RF and other teams. As part of our team you will be responsible for specifying requirements, writing design documents, architect solutions and implement software for innovative wireless SoCs, perform pre-silicon verification, debug both system-wide and component level issues on target HW and simulation. The position requires high level thinking design code solutions with low level programming, along with the ability to work in a fast paced environment In the role you'll develop skills in cellular baseband system/architecture (core, cache, memory, bus, interrupts, sleep/wake, clock, power control, dynamic frequency and voltage scaling, SPMI, PCIe, UART, etc). Interested? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Great computer science or electrical engineering fundamentals, no matter how you got them.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.