Silicon Validation Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
At Apple, we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a team with dynamic strengths, we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need, we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers, we drive precision. And through our process, we build memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a hands-on development team that cultivates perfection, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. As part of the Silicon Validation team, you will be developing test software to evaluate various functional sub-systems and blocks in both pre- and post-silicon domains.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and python
- Experienced with embedded software and/or bare metal SW development
- Experience with hardware/software interaction
- Familiar with computer/system/SoC/cellular modem architecture
- Experience and/or are interested in silicon and RTL test and debug
- Assembly language programming skills are a plus
- Experience with pre-silicon verification environments (RTL simulation, emulation and FPGA prototyping) is a plus
- English language fluency is required
- Partnering closely with designers, architects and system engineers to understand various functional blocks and their use cases - Develop test software to push these functional blocks and subsystems to their limits to guarantee flawless function across different operating conditions - Integrate existing test software between various environments - Enhance and optimize test software and deploy it in pre / post-silicon environments.
Education & Experience
Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or related) is required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.