Electrical /Mechanical Construction Project Manager
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
The Project manager will assist the Head of Real Estate &Development for engineering/facilities projects in Germany and Austria, with overall strategy and policy around design, construction, and project management. This will include the project manager, designers, and contractor sourcing strategies, project development and delivery models, contracting models, client relationship approach, etc. Decisions will be made with input from the Head of RE&D for engineering projects and the RE&D global design team. The Project/Program Manager requires the skills of a proven Project/Program Manager with additional Design & Construction expertise and Customer Relationship Management skills. The role requires a strong background and emphasis on project development and delivery, financial and risk analysis, understanding of various contract delivery methods, good people skills, timely problem identification and resolution, and a good knowledge of construction techniques and PM tools and processes at high and low complexity levels. The ability to act fast on your feet whilst dealing with multiple Apple stakeholders and internal delivery streams with accurate and timely structured and ad-hoc reporting is a must.
- Project Management experience within a recognized consulting or client organization in an Research &Development environment is required.
- Related experience, including corporate office environment and fast-track delivery models.
- Ability to connect and lead dispersed internal/external project teams.
- Understanding of construction methods and approval processes.
- Minimum degree level qualification in building or project management-related subject area.
- Ability to fluently speak and write in English and German
- Solid track record in the delivery of projects.
- Experience with high-end local and technical projects within the region is an advantage.
- In addition to the above skills, this position requires a sound knowledge and understanding of core Facilities Management subject matter, including:
- Operations Management.
- Project/Facilities integrated design.
- Tenant improvement construction.
Responsibilities include especially, but are not limited to: - Management of project delivery for selected R&D (research & development) engineering sites in Germany & Austria -Assist and support the Head of Real Estate & Development for engineering projects in Germany & Austria on a day to day basis relating to project delivery on specified projects. Working with key personnel in the Apple business, and their nominated internal/external vendors /suppliers/partners. -Participate in the regional focus group to improve consistency of delivery and service. -Hands-on provision of comprehensive PM tools & services. -Lead sophisticated projects simultaneously from conception to completion. Appoint and run vendor PM, design team, and GC contract resources for projects as required. -Adherence to established protocols, tools & processes, statutory and environmental compliance requirements, and to Apple design guidelines including design coordination with Apple global design team. -Follow-up with Apple partners on project delivery tracking, issues/risks, and results. -Ensure project(s) meet Apple's time, cost, quality constraints, and overall goals and objectives. -Travels between sites & locations are required as part of the role.