Cellular RF Systems Engineering Intern – Phase Lock Loop
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the outstanding and exciting opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple's RF Systems Engineering team is looking for an intern in the area of phase locked loops. Our world-class team crafts the mobile market with forward-thinking concepts while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality. Come and deliver leading-edge phase locked loops (PLLs) for Apple’s wireless products that enable an outstanding customer experience!
- Experience in programming languages (Preferably Python and Matlab)
- You have basic understanding on frequency generation and phase locked loops (PLLs)
- Basic knowledge of mobile communications
- Strong problem solving and social skills.
- Eagerness to learn new things and take up new challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, would be very useful.
- Available for 6 months or more
In this role as RFSE PLL intern, you will be part of the best-in-class cellular RFSE Team. You will work closely with transmitter and receiver architecture, RF design and Silicon Validation teams. Your daily work includes the following tasks: Learn PLL and clock architecture basics Work on real challenges to improve the PLL performance. Help to develop use cases in Python to measure PLL performance and optimize algorithms and settings. Develop scripts in Matlab and Python to evaluate measurement/simulation results.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in a Master Degree program in Electrical Engineering or Physics or Computer Science/engineering or equivalent.
- The minimum salary pursuant to the CBA amounts to €33,619 gross per year for full time employment. Actual salaries are oriented at current market salaries and take your qualifications and experience into account.