Sensing Hardware Test Engineer
Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan
“Quality is not an act, it is a habit.” - Aristotle Why Apple? At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers we drive precision. And through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. Do you love crafting sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail?At Apple, quality is built into our DNA. As test engineers, our objective is very simple, building optimized test solutions to deliver the greatest products with no compromise! Sensing Technology empowers Apple products with revolutionary features, such as TouchID, FaceID, TrueTone Display. The Sensing Test Engineering group is looking for a multidisciplinary engineer with responsibilities of research, design, development of complete test solutions for the mass production of various sensing hardware across Apple’s product lines.
- 5+ years of relevant test development experience.
- Expertise in mechanical and software for test station development.
- Good understanding in CAD 3D & 2D experience including DFM, DFMEA
- Fluency in scripting languages (i.e. Python) and high level programming languages (i.e., C/C++)
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to communicate clearly with both internal and external partners in worldwide geographies.
- Previous experience in consumer electronics test station/fixture development would be a plus.
- Frequent travel to the supplier factories.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define the test methodology and coverage for various sensing hardware - Design, build and deploy test station together with manufacturing partners and overlook manufacturing test development for new and/or existing hardware design. - Review vendor DFM and drive issues resolution with preventive measures or design improvements. - Provide test software development/test fixture development and be responsible for test readiness and execution. - Liaise with both the internal team and the external partners to optimize test system to meet Apple's quality standard for high volume production
Education & Experience
BS / MS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent