Media Application & Services Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Connected Media team is seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer to ensure a stellar Airplay Experience across the Apple Ecosystem. This team is a part of the Interactive Media Group (IMG) that provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products including iPhone, iPad, Mac, tv, HomePod and the AirPod/Beats line of Products. We are seeking an expert C/C++ developer to join us to help develop the future of our products. We are the team that develops AirPlay and its related technologies for use in all of Apple’s products. We are building next generation of application software and services for delivering extraordinary media experiences to our customers. Perhaps you too can be a part of crafting, coding and delivering it!
- Strong experience in C/C++ development of user facing applications and frameworks
- Experience writing multi-threaded software.
- Good understanding on networking protocols and programming.
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As a member of the team, you’ll will be contributing to next generation Airplay features design, development and commercialization. You will be hands on with software development/bug fixing for wide range of Apple products. You will be contributing to Airplay software stack that runs on Apple products and third party products. You will be collaborating with various cross functional teams to deliver end to end Airplay features that continuously enhances user experience.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Nice, but not required:
- Experience with mobile devices, media players, smart TVs or set top boxes.
- Experience with software development in consumer media applications and platforms is a strong plus.
- Experience in API design and maintenance is a plus.
- Background in Audio, Video, media playback and an understanding of media formats is a plus.
- Background in application development for linux based products is a plus.
- Familiarity with Node.js based applications and services bug fixing is a plus.