GPU Software ML Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group provides the media, graphics, and audio software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, HomePod, Beats, and Mac. As a key link between developers and our hardware, IMG drives the development of display, graphics drivers and higher layers of software stack. The GPU Software team is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to lead software projects in the Machine learning area. You will need strong system software fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing team to develop ground-breaking products. This role includes working with our engineering teams to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place within those teams. Facilitating communication between groups is critical.
- 5+ years of Engineering Management/Project Management experience delivering customer facing software
- Demonstrated leadership on major technology or cross-functional projects
- Understanding of modern machine learning R&D techniques and interest in applying AI/ML technologies to real world challenges
- Experience of the software development lifecycle as it relates to graphics, machine-learned technologies, products and services
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Extraordinary project and relationship management skills and the ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
As the Graphics Engineering Project Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to identifying new HW capabilities and map to software features, providing regular executive level project updates, risks, and mitigation plans. Work with various teams at Apple to organize the portfolio of software frameworks for GPU related AI/ML features and ensure that interdependencies are understood and planned for across teams, and that our process integrates well with other cross-functional teams. Monitor and report on progress (achievements, key issues), and track project critical metrics to performance targets. Audit and improve our tracking/project documentation efforts. Lead weekly project status meetings and executive reporting. Lead all aspects of your projects including specifications, scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. Analyze product metrics to measure performance and use this data to drive decisions. Communicate project status to leads and executives, present in executive reviews and coordinate project demos.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field