Internal Communications Lead, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Beats
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We are looking for an Internal Communications professional to lead, develop, execute an internal communications strategy for the organization, and to serve as the organization’s internal communications advisor. Is this you!?! You are the eyes, ears, and voice of the organization, responsible for correspondence between employees across various departments and the company’s management. The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with executives and colleagues alike and consistently delivers high-quality work even under time constraints. You’ll be working to help employees across the organization stay up to date about the company’s vision, goals, projects and executive updates by leading strategic internal and executive communications programs. You will work across teams including Leadership, International, People and Internal Events. You should be, at different times, a writer, project manager, critical/creative thinker, storyteller, and communication authority. You will be collaborative, passionate, high energy, organized, articulate, and able to distill messages. This role will be located in Cupertino, CA or Culver City, CA.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience
- Strong leadership with emphasis on collaboration, proactive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled in multi-tasking, delivering under tight timelines, adapting quickly to change.
- Ability to create and foster productive and engaging employee relationships.
- A gifted eye for visual design and aesthetics essential.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Sensibility for what makes Apple “Apple,” and the ability to reflect it in all communications.
- A demonstrated passion for the audience experience, design, written and rich media communications, and knowledge of how to leverage each to achieve communication goals.
- Outstanding Keynote, Pages and Photoshop skills.
- Relentless curiosity, and a passion for using storytelling to create experiences.
Develop and execute the communication strategy for the Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Beats organizations. This may include building, publishing and/or producing a wide variety of materials such as presentations, email messages, web content, internal videos, interviews with artists, cultural events and newsletters. Lead organization-wide communication efforts, such as all hands meetings, email communication, presentations, and web content. Support leadership with company meetings and events: you will help craft the messaging and program through agenda, speaker selection and logistics. Drive People Team’s initiatives within the organization around mentorship, summits, on-boarding, training, Inclusion & Diversity task force. Establish and maintain two-way channels to ensure employees are heard. Develop and run recurring communications, and organization announcements.
Education & Experience
BA degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Business, or a related field desired.