Metrology Engineer (Japan)
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what we could do here! The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for development of key technology for Apple products. We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated metrology engineer to work on advanced optical technology development together.
- Experience with measurement using 3D measurement machine(3D-CMM) or similar equipment
- Experience creating measurement program for 3D-CMM and familiar with mechanical design principles
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers cross functionally in Japanese or English.
- Person who is a self-driven, organized and has a high motivation
You will work on the development of the precision metrology mainly using 3D measurement machine. Metrology is a core technology for high accuracy products, therefore metrology engineer needs to keep in mind to constantly seek the best equipment and methods of metrology, as well as be familiar with the mold and analysis, based on solid engineering knowledge. We especially handle novelty items and design that we have never experienced before, therefore metrology engineer should think deeply about their requirements and read intent of designer from drawings, create measuring program with considering data analysis efficiently. We are seeking a person with logical thinking, self-driven and willing to take on a challenge.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Science, Technology, Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience of measuring molded resin parts
- Experience with operating 3D measurement machine included programming
- Experience with measuring optical parts and molds
- Familiar with machining flow of mold
- Familiar with optical parts, optical design, machining, and mold
- Design measurement jig using 3D-CAD