Marketing Associate, Beats by Dre - 12months program
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Beats by Dre is a leading audio brand. Through its family of premium consumer headphones, earphones and speakers, Beats has introduced an entirely new generation to the possibilities of premium sound entertainment. The brand’s continued success helps bring the energy, emotion and excitement of playback in the recording studio back to the listening experience for music lovers worldwide. The Beats Japan Marketing team is seeking enthusiastic and results-oriented applicants to join the Apple Media Services Development Program: an entry level program commencing in July 2021. It is above competitively salaried, and includes a program to support personal development. As a Marketing Associate, your main objective is to support our overall business. Your learning opportunities will include marketing/social media planning and execution, partnership development and localization. You will be a vital and impactful member of the team and every single day will be different, rewarding and challenging. Through the program, the associate will gain invaluable experience across all Beats functions.
- should have a true excitement for Beats brand.
- should have a real passion for music, sports or gaming in particular.
- should be curious and hardworking, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways.
- should be highly structured and organized, able to work towards planned project management timetables
- have proficient command of Japanese and English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- must be flexible and adaptable to manage the demands of a fast moving business.
- should be eager to learn, ask questions and demonstrate an ability to learn new processes quickly.
We are a fast paced company and your responsibilities are likely to grow and change during your time with us. This is a short overview of some of the responsibilities you will help the Beats team with: Provide full support to Beats team on their daily activities; Support Brand Manager to develop and execute effective marketing strategies to meet company objectives, globally, regionally and in-country. Collaborate with Social Media Manager to develop social media strategy and plan that help to achieve marketing goals. Support to produce local social content and execute campaigns. Craft campaign recaps, updates and brand reporting. Manage Japanese localization. Collaborate with team to complete glossary development, review the materials and rewrite/re-edit if needed. Provide local market insights and identify new initiatives to attract consumers.
Education & Experience
Able to complete the full program (1 year), starting July 2021. Have the right to live and work in Japan. This is an entry level role and is based in Tokyo.
- *** Please add your answers to your resume ***
- Please provide us with answers to the first three questions in English (100 words or less for each)
- 1. Why are you interested in this program?
- 2. Where do you see the biggest opportunity for Beats by Dre in Japan?
- 3. Name one person that influences you (musician, athlete, artist etc) and tell us why.
- Please answer the last question in Japanese (600 letters or less)
- 4. What trends and technology do you see dominating the Japanese market going forward?