System Validation Engineer – WLAN, BT, UWB, Thread
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple RF System Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual to work on integration of WLAN, BT, UWB and Thread technologies into Apple’s wireless products.
- Practical knowledge of at least one Connectivity Wireless technology including WLAN, BT, UWB, Thread
- Practical knowledge at least one of connectivity industry standards including 802.11, Bluetooth SIG, 802.15 requirements, compliance requirements and required testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of system level RF parametric its sources in RF component characteristics and behavior.
- Hands-on experience with bench level wireless testing, debug at the module, reference board or system level
- Experience with using RF lab test equipment.
- Debug level experience on connectivity radio systems at the conducted level is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You will validate & characterize conducted level wireless system performance across wireless technologies towards industry conformance, regulatory compliance, carrier and use case requirements. Examples of activities you may be involved in are: - Executing validation and characterization test plans to meet industry, emissions and performance requirements. - Bringing-up device-under-test, help define test requirements and implement test systems setups for validation preparedness - Tracking validation status; analyze results; communicate issues & insights from data. - Performing failure analysis to understand low margin or failing behaviors making use of experimental SW/FW and modified development hardware, and drive issues to closure. - Collaborating with vendors, technology suppliers and cross-functional staff to optimize RF parametric performance - Supporting manufacturing test for Apple products. - Certification of Apple products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience or master’s degree with 1+ years of experience is required. Master's degree is preferred.