Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The PR & Communications (Productivity & Creativity) Manager in Japan will proactively own and drive the development and implementation of a PR marketing strategy in the market to ensure there is positive awareness and perception of Apple’s position and value of its products and services. More specifically in areas that highlight Apple’s leading role in productivity and creativity with the iPad, Mac, related OS, apps and enterprise as well as education.
- At least 7-9 years of experience in PR, preferably in IT/ Tech or consumer brands industry.
- An undeniably strong passion for how technology enhances productivity and creativity that unleashes a consumer’s full potential. Consumer focus with an eye on democratizing technology by focusing on user relevance.
- Possesses an understanding for Apple and our products, a desire to win, curiosity to be better, the ability to navigate in a world of ambiguity, finesse and craft in storytelling, creative and innovative problem solving, the motivation to inspire others, and build strong and lasting relationships throughout the organization.
- Strong media relationships. Have the capacity to handle crisis and other reactive PR situations with grace and ease, knowing when and how to respond to media inquiries; diffuse rumours, and resolve conflicting messages.
- Strong communication skills both in Japanese and English.
- Ability to travel for media events.
- Manage and engage with local journalists and relevant influencers and tune in to what is happening locally to ensure our messages are precisely delivered in the appropriate depth and scale, to the right audience at the right time. - Work collaboratively with other critical functions - - Product Marketing, Enterprise, Education, Marcom, Buzz, Sales, Retail, GA, Legal and Services to articulate and shape our narrative, lead launch and momentum planning and drive synergies in eco-system storytelling. - Need to establish strong relationships with WW and to define and communicate region-unique requirements for current and future product stories in a coherent way to multiple stakeholders in Cupertino and across the globe to gain access to support and resources. - Ensure a balance of strategic and product output in coverage by thinking broadly about the impact of story pitches across hardware, software and services in all consumer media touchpoint to ensure our stories connect and help consumers have a deeper experience of Apple. - Deliver product and service launches with excellence every time. - Contribute to the annual marketing plans that drive strategic PR initiatives in Productivity and creativity to increase awareness for Apple products and services such as iPad, Mac, related OS and apps, enterprise and education that meet both WW and local objectives. Challenge ourselves to do so creatively. - Ensure a constant drum beat of stories that highlight our leading position in creativity leveraging use cases from Japanese creators to highlight our unique position in creative culture in Japan through the Mac and iPad. - Work with WW PR to ensure global messaging within the PR function is implemented locally and that we are proactively driving the desired narrative in Japan creatively. -Have a finger on the pulse of any changes in the media landscape. Broaden and deepen our contacts with consumer lifestyle, technology, and business outlets. Be the first to know about new publications, blogs, programs or journalists taking up new posts. Spot the opportunities, take risks, capitalize on them and maximize coverage. - Participate and enable a strong PR team culture of collaboration and innovation. Work, lead and/or assist horizontally as a great team player.