Core Tech Supplier Quality Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! In this highly visible role, you will have the chance to create a significant impact on Apple Products and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- - Minimum 10 years experience in Supplier / Factory Quality Management.
- - Hands-on, paying attention to details and data driven approach to solve problem and failure analysis.
- - Strong statistical and data analytics skills, proficient in JMP / Minitab / Tableau.
- - Proficient in MSA, GD&T, GRR and Correlation.
- - Familiar with Quality tools, such as 8D, FMEA, Fish bone diagrams, DOE, SPC, etc.
- - Clear communication, including executive level presentation skills and ability to drive multi-functional teams.
- - Bachelor or master degree in BS/BE Engineering / Material Science
- - Willing to travel domestically / internationally to vendor sites.
- - Experience in Flash / LED / Optical / Substrate technology or manufacturing process such as semiconductor backend processes, AOI / machine learning is a plus.
- Actively involved in new programs / new vendor bring up during NPI stage and influence the technical team on FMEA / CTQ and quality requirements. - Work with vendors to setup robust quality system and adequate quality coverage to ensure vendor consistently deliver products that meets Apple quality standards. - In charge of factory quality nodes, including IQC / IPQC / Burn In / OQC / ORT and upstream / downstream LRR / RTV (Return to Vendor). - Established quality readiness dashboard and quality matrix to supervise factory quality readiness and critical metric since NPI until ramp / MP stage. - Key interface to upstream / downstream quality window to close loop on any material / product quality related issue, such as RTV / RMA / FACA. - Lead the Metrology / GRR / correlation activities / spec alignment / sampling plan / acceptance criteria / OCAP (out of control action plan) across the supply chain. - Lead the task force with internal team / vendor / suppliers to drive any material / product quality excursion and provide vendors the FACA guidance / direction. - Collaborate with product design / engineering team and technical team to finalize modules ERS / Cosmetic spec / MCO / QCP. - Create one pager and executive presentation for every milestone's build / post build review.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Optical / Engineering