Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Can you imagine what you could do here? At Beats by Dre, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will lead the development of new plastic injection tooling projects to meet a wide range of product performance and cosmetic requirements. You will lead suppliers to design and produce world-class plastic tooling. Manage tool design and build, tool and process development and tool qualifications at the supplier. You will collaborate with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in injection tooling design, fabrication and qualification required in high volume consumer electronic products.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of tooling processes and molding, including new technology of the tooling and injection molding, new plastic material;
- A good understanding of and experience with plastic finishing, painting , Ultrasonic welding and other secondary process for surface treatment was a plus;
- Experienced working with supplier plants to manage tooling fabrication , modification and trail run Could accept the short notice for travel , and work /stay on the supplier site till problem solved
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written).
- Responsible for managing the design, development and implementation of all moulds / tooling required to support the development of new products and existing product capacity expansion - work with Mechanical Engineers, Program management team and System engineer to identify supply base vendors, fabrication technologies and create tooling designs to deliver high volume, high value consumer products with demanding cosmetic requirements. - Investigate and implement industry best practices in tool design, construction and validation across a range of material and process requirements including plastic molding, metal part fabrication and decorative processes to deliver new product designs - Review tooling DFM and make suggestion for improvement. Approve the tooling design before steel cutting , Must be able to perform tooling trial process until tooling is complete and approve.
Education & Experience
Bachelor and above with major in Mechanical design etc
- - Experience with cable overmold , metal (die casting , extrusion , stamping ,,) was a plus .
- - Advanced knowledge of CAD software, including Pro/Engineer or NX (UG)
- - Familiarity with online project management collaboration tools, bug tracking software, etc.