Data Scientist - Strategic Data Solution
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continues to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JOB SUMMARY Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is looking for a talented individual who is passionate about crafting, implementing, and operating analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Apple and its customers. As an SDS data scientist, you will employ predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques to build end-to-end solutions for improving security, fraud prevention, and operational efficiency across the company, from manufacturing to fulfillment to apps and services. Apple's dedication to customer privacy, the adversarial nature of fraud, and the enormous scale of the business present exciting challenges to traditional machine learning and data science techniques. On this team, you will push the limits of existing data science methods while delivering tangible business value.
- Practical experience with and theoretical understanding of algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Working knowledge of relational databases, including SQL, and large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark
- Ability to implement data science pipelines and applications in a general programming language such as Python, Scala, or Java
- Ability to comprehend and debug complex systems integrations spanning toolchains and teams
- Ability to extract meaningful business insights from data and identify the stories behind the patterns
- Excellent presentation skills, distilling complex analysis and concepts into concise business-focused takeaways
- Creativity to engineer novel features and signals, and to push beyond current tools and approaches
• Engage with business teams to find opportunities, understand requirements, and translate those requirements into technical solutions • Design data science approach, applying tried-and-true techniques or developing custom algorithms as needed by the business problem • Collaborate with data engineers and platform architects to implement robust production real-time and batch decisioning solutions • Ensure operational and business metric health by monitoring production decision points • Investigate adversarial trends, identify behavior patterns, and respond with agile logic changes • Communicate results of analyses to business partners and executives • Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team
Education & Experience
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field; or • Ph.D. in Math, Engineering, Economics, or hard science with data science fellowship; or • M.S. in related field with 3+ years experience applying data science to real business problems
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.