MLB Product Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking a MLB(Main Logic Board) Product Engineer with excellent Electrical Engineering skills to work with Product Design, Test, Product Quality, Supplier Quality, Contract Manufacturers, and field organizations to deliver high quality MLBs.
- Knowledge in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Experience in computers /communication devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- Required a solid understanding of the system development including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols (PCIE, USB, wireless, thunderbolt, etc.) and their design issues.
- Experience in leading successful, high-impact technical projects with strong PM skills.
- Software and scripting experience a plus.
- Drive technical root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve system quality.
- Demonstrated initiative with a high level of energy, and methodical & efficient problem solving skills including engineering DOEs.
- Superior communication skills in both English and Chinese (written and verbal).
- - PLUS to have:
- Skills in failure analysis of systems, circuits, and their components including pFA cross-sectional analysis, Optical Microscopy, X-Ray, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XPS.
- 8D and RCCA based problem solving and transformation. A high level understanding of quality metrics and SPC
- Delivery of Test requirements & Develop accelerated testing methodologies.
In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of logic board debug, design quality, components, and assemblies RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Enable new product introductions with the highest technical quality - Driving debug & failure analysis with Product Design, Component Engineering, Test, and Supplier Quality. - Lead quality improvement teams to improve field performance. - Lead New Product/Mass Production/Field Failure Analysis efforts and DPPM reduction. - Communication of test requirements and specifications. - Participate in New Product Introductions and driving PCBA design. - Running Material Issue List meeting to identify each failure FA root cause and drive for yield improvement
Education & Experience
BSEE required. MSEE preferred.