Audio Accessories Firmware Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple’s innovative products, including the HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV. IMG’s Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Spatial Audio, Siri, FaceTime and media capture and playback. As part of the accessories team, your focus would be on the entire AirPods line, including AirPods Pro and AirPods Max, as well as Beats products
- 3+ years of professional programming experience or equivalent (C, C++, Obj-C preferred)
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems
- Constructs used for real-time systems
- Design principles for real-time data delivery
- Familiarity with digital audio and its specific demands
- Familiarity with embedded systems, where memory and compute power is highly constrained
- Very good verbal and written communication skills. Clear and concise descriptions and explanations will be vital.
As a firmware engineer working on AirPods and Beats products, you will ensure that users hear their music the way the artist intended, hold phone conversations with maximal clarity and can interact with Siri reliably. A user may want to block the world out and just turn on ANC. You will make that happen too. Firmware engineers occupy the intersection of algorithms, operating systems, acoustics and hardware. You will interact with all of these teams and more to make sure users’ audio experiences enrich their lives both in ways familiar to Apple customers and in ways fresh from Apple's newest innovations. Your intense curiosity about how things work and ability to conceptualize, design and write audio software for embedded platforms will be essential in enabling and delivering these audio experiences.
Education & Experience
BS in EE or CS or equivalent experience.
- Python scripting is a plus