Earned Media Operations Lead, Beats by Dre
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! As Earned Media Operations Lead, your goal is to connect-the-dots across marketing teams, reporting on earned media performance, and providing an analysis to inform future strategy and investment. You are passionate about analytics and can manage ambiguity while effectively communicating results across the organization. In this role, you will partner with campaign strategy leads, media, talent relations, customs, and PR teams to identify earned media moments. You will develop a streamlined process to brief our agency partners to report on placements, reach and valuation to be shared with business leads. Performing analysis on results and escalating key findings to leadership to inform future plans. In addition, you will lead weekly meetings with earned media team, ensuring all projects are meeting deadlines, problems are addressed, and cross-functional alignment is prioritized. This role must partner closely with talent leads across sports and music to execute terms of contracts, ensuring Beats gets great value.
- 3 - 5+ years' experience in marketing, finance and/or project management with background in analytics and reporting.
- Relevant analytics experience or strong finance experience preferred.
- Experience managing an external agency specializing in earned media reporting.
- Comfortable collaborating with earned stakeholders within a marketing organization such as brand, talent owners, and customs/product.
- Experience measuring ROI and providing results and reports to leadership.
- Hands-on experience developing dashboards to summarize the performance of marketing launches.
- Proven ability to take findings from executions and implement them for future projects
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to gather complex data and extract and articulate results simply and effectively.
- Strong communication skills with a collaborative, positive attitude.
- Operate with high attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
This role will be responsible for reporting our earned media performance across brand campaigns and moments, offering analysis and insights to advise future plans and priorities. You will monitor annual performance across talent relations and customs teams, and distill key learnings to leadership. - Ensure the valuation of earned media activities are mathematically viable and can be appropriately represented and defended across the organization. - Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify upcoming earned media opportunities. - Organize earned media moments and connect-the-dots across the beats internal team and agency partner from brief to final report. - Provide input into marketing dashboards to provide insights on EMV reach. - Own ongoing weekly alignment meetings with the earned media team, whilst tracking timelines and addressing outstanding issues. - Review processes and identify more efficient ways of working with internal teams and agency partners.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent work experience