Custom Product Project Manager
Culver City, California, United States
Limited edition products have been a fundamental pillar of Beats marketing since the brand was first established. They help the brand strengthen relationships with key partners, drive earned media, delight our fans, and reach new audiences. The Custom Product Project Manager will help manage the development of limited edition products for talent (customs). You will work directly with a variety of packaging, coating & electronics vendors, internal relationship leads and some of the most influential design partners in the world to develop the most exclusive products in the industry. You will connect the dots from strategy to product delivery to ensure all launches deliver on their promise.
- Oversee marketing projects from brief through execution by initiating and maintaining timelines and milestones.
- Identify problems before they materialize, escalate risk and decisions to leadership when necessary, and provide solutions.
- Act as the central point-of-contact including maintaining project status report, and articulating next steps for cross functional teams.
- Insight Gathering - Gather insights about the audience or talent.
- Briefing Creatives - Draft creative briefs and present to the Product Design team.
- Product Development - Once a design has been approved, work with local vendors to develop the product. This requires developing samples and working with internal designers and external design partners to ensure that execution is inline with their vision.
- Packaging Development - Presentation of the products is an important part of the experience. This person will work hands-on with our packaging team and vendors to brief and develop packaging to heighten the unboxing experience.
- Vendor Management - Most projects involve working directly with external vendors across both hardware and packaging. This person will need to understand and respond to technical metrics and performance data to adjust the direction of the creative designs. This can also involve creating digital or 3D comps or prototypes and designs.
- Logistics - In addition to developing the products, it is necessary to deliver the final products on time. The Product Marketing Manager will work with our Logistics and Product Readiness teams to ensure timely delivery.
- 5-10 years of relevant project or product management experience, preferably in a CPG firm - Extensive vendor management experience - Demonstrated experience with launching products, from concept to on-shelf - Strong knowledge of material properties, processing and manufacturing processes - Strong budget management experience - Graphic Design background a plus - Ability to effectively communicate with global stakeholders with varied marketing and technical strengths - Ability to understand complex projects and quickly learn new processes and solutions to manage their implementation - Ability to maintain momentum on a project and diligently follow every detail through to its completion - Ability to juggle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment and change priorities rapidly as required by the business - You are curious, flexible and a solution-driven problem solver. You are also fair, kind and collaborative. - Strong writing skills, visual storytelling skills, and presentation skills
Education & Experience