Software Development Engineer - Mobile Diagnostics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join us at the Software Engineering group helping Apple’s customers enjoy healthy and performant mobile devices! We are building into the iOS the tools used by Apple Care to troubleshoot and verify mobile devices and their accessories. We constantly add new ways to diagnose exiting Apple products, and work with upcoming device prototypes to make sure any issues can be discovered starting the day those products ship. We are looking for a creative Software Engineer to work on a wide range of products and technologies. The scope of work covers the entire iOS mobile device line up, including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, AirPod, iPod, Beats, and other accessories. This is an ideal role for a Software Engineer who likes staying ahead of the curve and enjoys the challenge of crafting high-quality software apps that benefit everyone who needs support with their Apple devices.
- 3+ years experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and maintaining software
- Proven object-oriented design and programming experience in Objective-C.
- Good grasp of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Familiar with the software development life cycle and tools
- Thrives in a multi-functional and diverse team environment that works collaboratively on innovative, large-scale, and fun projects
- Passionate for the customer and for providing quality software and experiences to them
- Tackle tough problems creatively and collaboratively, and thrive on details
You will be contributing to Apples’s mobile Operating Systems (iOS, WatchOS and tvOS) - implementing new software features and maintaining subsystems supporting diagnostics. You will be involved, prior to product launch, in shaping the features that ship with Apple’s new mobile products. Your responsibilities include programming, testing and integration of iOS diagnostic tools. You will contribute to improving the development process, and will participate in software design and implementation, working closely with a variety of hardware and software technology teams across Apple.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- - A track record building iOS and/or Mac OS apps is a bonus
- - Low level and/or firmware coding background is a plus