Product Design Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
We are looking for a highly-motivated product design engineer to join a new product design team at Apple. Do you love utilizing your creativity, spatial reasoning & attention to detail to collaboratively solve design challenges? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join our cohesive and diverse family of Product Design Engineers to do the most impactful work of your life.
- Deep understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply concepts to new problems not listed in engineering textbooks. Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- 5+ years of experience in product design or engineering field (preferably consumer electronic products – computers, cell phones, cameras, etc.) Working knowledge of 3D CAD programs – Unigraphics NX is a plus. Understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing. Detail orientated, enthusiastic thinker, and capable of handling multiple assignments under high pressure. Strong work ethic Preferred Experience Plastic and metal part design and fabrication techniques. Experience developing mechanisms in mass-produced products. Worked within internationals teams and OEM/ODM vendors. Post-processing knowledge for plastic and metal part, including assembly and fixture design. Fluency in both Mandarin and English.
We’re seeking someone with strong mechanical design skills, an ability to lead projects, and excellent communication skills both with vendors in Asia and designers inside Apple. You will be responsible for driving failure analysis, building prototypes, studying analytical models, and organizing DOEs as we study new designs. As designs mature, you will work on-site at contract manufacturers within China to implement and assemble the team’s designs. Up to 40% total travel required within China.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Aerospace Engineering, or similar degree. Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) preferred.
- Plastic and metal part design and fabrication techniques.
- Experience developing mechanisms in mass-produced products.
- Worked within internationals teams and OEM/ODM vendor.
- Post-processing knowledge for plastic and metal part, including assembly and fixture design.
- Fluency in both Mandarin and English