Senior Art Director, Beats
Culver City, California, United States
Join a worldwide company that welcomes the whole wide world. Our customers are all over the world, so it’s by design that Apple employees are all over the world, too. And we know our ability to continue creating the world’s most innovative products depends on people who represent the variety of the human experience and who inspire us with great thinking. Because the broader the backgrounds and perspectives, the bigger the ideas! Beats is seeking a Sr. Art Director to join the Marketing Brand Design team. They will lead creative initiatives - everything from static visuals to full campaigns with product CG and videos - from start to finish that market our new and existing products to our audience in the way that only Beats can. This person will be a leader in maintaining and advancing the design aesthetic of the brand. They will need to have a strong sense of design, art direction, and conceptual ideation. They must excel at building relationships internally and externally, be comfortable addressing senior leadership, and engaged with mentoring other members of the team. This role will be encouraged to prioritize multiple projects at once and be as adept at solving them yourself as you are leading creatives and external partners to do so.
- 8+ years of significant experience. Management experience is a plus
- Proven track record in creating world class creative campaigns
- Strong ability to incorporate outside functional expertise, consumer insights research, and performance data into your creative solutions
- Highly collaborative approach, with experience in a fast-paced and cross-functional focused environment
- Experience working directly with Tier 0 talent and creators
- Proven ability to concept and art direct innovative solutions for both product-only and product on-body
- Experience leading photo shoots, video shoots, and all associated pre-production components.
- Experience managing and delivering multiple projects in parallel
- Must possess knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Keynote and a familiarity with and understanding of video editing, After Effects, and Cinema 4D software
- Finger on the pulse of current design and youth culture trends including: graphic and motion design, photography, music, sports, art, and fashion
- Ability to recommend current and emerging creatives who are top of their respective fields.
- Hands-on creative who is willing to make as well as lead projects
- Passion for the brand and for creating great creative work
- Develop world-class creative concepts that get results - Gather cross-functional alignment and sell-in concepts to leadership - Oversee production and execution of all creative aspects in collaboration with production teams and external partners across all formats and deliverables - Cross-functional relationship building and partnership to ensure creative matches strategy. - Contribute to creative push and advancement of overall Beats design-aesthetic. - Stay up-to-date on cultural and design trends as well as potential creative partners who are pushing the look and capabilities of what’s current. - Cultivate team growth through mentorship and leading by example.
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience preferred