WPCM Change Analyst
San Diego, California, United States
The Worldwide Product Configuration Management (WPCM) Change Analyst partners with a range of cross functional teams to support production readiness for all Apple and Beats hardware products. WPCM Change Analysts have three primary focus areas: product lifecycle management (PLM) change analysis, configuration management, and general product administrative support. Analysts work in a dynamic environment, supporting multiple product categories at different development statuses. We are often engaged to help troubleshoot and analyze, providing short- and long-term solutions that take into consideration impact to other teams and tools. We are passionate about the value of an efficient and responsive change management system, and are committed to working collaboratively with our key stakeholders to implement processes that improve the quality of Apple products.
- 5-10 years Change Management (or equivalent) experience
- Expertise in documentation control and change management best practices
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and communication skills
- Exceptional time management: can easily multi-task and reprioritize; looks ahead to manage known day-to-day tasks in order to support unforeseeable needs that may arise
- Is motivated to proactively seek out answers, independently utilizing resources
- Embraces and promotes change within an organization to adapt with evolving business needs; drives administrative requirements necessary to facilitate change
Analysts are responsible for processing and validating engineering change forms in Apple’s PLM system. Each change form requires analysis to ensure it follows company policy, providing timely and concise feedback to the originator when needed. Analysts also serve in a support-role to other teams: we are the first-line of support for PLM customers, providing general training on PLM, policies and procedures, and influencing teams to meet program documentation release milestones. In addition to a variety of administrative tasks, WPCM Change Analysts create and manage top-level SKUs to support Marketing product definitions. Analysts regularly participate in and drive cross-functional meetings to determine deliverable schedules and help in-region teams execute tasks to achieve global production readiness. Analysts occasionally provide off-hours support during high-volume periods.
Education & Experience
AA degree or equivalent experience
- Tools: PLM, ERP preferred, but not required
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.