SWE Audio Engineering Program Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? Advanced audio technology is at the heart of Apple’s products. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to help lead software work in this area. You’ll be responsible for defining and running project plans that move several teams from idea through shipping amazing new features and products. IMG provides the software foundation for Audio across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, Beats, and Mac. As a key link between developers and our hardware, IMG drives Apple’s audio playback, processing and recording experiences through several APIs, including CoreAudio. If you relish responsibility and are excited by the opportunity to build products that delight millions of customers then we want to hear from you - please apply!
- 5+ years of Project Management in a high-tech environment, or equivalent technical management role.
- Proven leadership on major, cross-functional projects.
- Experience with software development and/or system planning for new audio products.
- Proven ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields.
- Demonstrated ability to provide succinct, accurate executive summaries of complicated situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As part of the Audio EPM team, you will build and maintaining implementation plans for all audio team commitments across multiple operating systems and hardware products. We maintain a multi-year roadmap of commitments from and requests of the audio teams. We define communication between the audio and engineering partners. You will drive cross-functional software implementation for audio accessories and communicate project progress to all cross-functional stakeholders.
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)