Process Engineer (Optics)
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
We bring amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of problem solvers and doers, continuously reimagining our products and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. That innovation is inspired by a shared commitment to great work — and to each other. Because learning from the people here means we’re learning from the best. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for development of key technology for Apple products. Apple values the importance of the engineers; passionate engineers are provided with the latest environment and facilities to perform their best at work. We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Process Engineer to work on advanced optical assembly development. Join us to create the next generation of revolutionary Apple products!
- 3+ years of technical background in development of assembly process
- Experience to perform sample trials, data analysis, failure analysis, root cause analysis and yield improvement including operation of necessary equipments
- Interface with optical design and opto-mechanical design teams to achieve next generation optics
As a Process Engineer, you will be working on development of assembly process for advanced optical lens. Initiative on development of innovative assembly processes including parameter optimization, equipment, metrology for advanced optics. You will provide leadership to ensure new assembly process can be realized and scalable for high volume. You will run failure and root cause analysis for issues related to new process technology.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Science, Technology, Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience in lens metrology and structure of optical components
- Experience in mass-production equipment development and mass-production deployment
- Understanding of opto-mechanical systems design and assembly