Manufacturing Design – CapEx Re-Generation Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry- leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Looking for sharp, high performer with a strong engineering/technical background (ME or IE) and excellent logic skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Equipment and/or Automation design
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate YoY design and process changes
- Ability to work with large datasets and generate actionable insights
- Create visualizations from large datasets (using Tableau, other)
- Ability to toggle between strategic and tactical, detail-oriented thinking
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams
- Database development and maintenance experience a plus
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills.
- Hands-on experience in any of the following: mechanical engineering, mechanical development, manufacturing practices/techniques involving CNC Machined parts, sheet metal, enclosures, casings, jigs, tooling, fixtures, injection molding, vacuum forming, plastic parts, ceramics, etc.
- Prior CapEx or Budget Management experience a plus
- Ability to should-cost large capital Equipment and Tooling & Fixtures
- Understand the life-cycle and health of large capital Equipment
- 3+ years of managing teams & people directly
- You are fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
- NPI and Manufacturing Operations experience desired.
- Proven track record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required.
The CapEx Re-Generation team sits at a unique intersection of manufacturing, engineering and finance/procurement – allowing individuals broad insight into the launch of Apple’s world class products. The team plays a critical role in finding ways to optimize the manufacturing process by identifying and implementing better ways of designing, managing, and purchasing the Equipment and Tooling & Fixtures used in manufacturing Enclosure parts. Enclosure components (such as the housing, cover glass & buttons) define the look, feel and expression of Apple’s globally recognized industrial and product design. CapEx Re-Generation team members work with cross-functional teams to best utilize Apple’s assets and minimize overall CapEx spend in enabling Apple products. A CapEx Re-Generation team member has the ability to impact Apple’s bottom line. The role includes the following activities: • Understand the technical aspects of Equipment and Tooling & Fixtures • Identify and drive reuse and cost-optimization opportunities • Data analysis to identify and parse process-related opportunities. • Run ROI analysis • Drive standardization in component and Equipment designs and nomenclature. • Build relationships, drive cross-functional teams on consensus of opportunities. • Organize projects including schedules, teams, and motivation. Be able to think multiple steps ahead to mitigate project risks. • Travel to supplier sites to drive early project engagement for reuse & optimization.
Education & Experience
BSME or BSIE, or equivalent. Majors on Mechanical/Electrical engineering is a plus.