Beats NPI Project Manager
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries! It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The NPI Project Manager will responsible for launching New Beats by Dr Dre’s products. An effective NPI Project Manager will develop and implement product launch and route-to-market strategies. They will partner with a cross-functional team – including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Channel, Sales, Operations - to deliver flawless launches of new Beats products.
- Skilled at understanding and influencing senior leaders across functions.
- Versatile communicator, able to break through noise and provide clarity.
- Highly analytical, organized and able to prioritize.
- Comfortable when there is accountability without control.
- Deeply understand the dynamics of the audio hardware business.
- Develop and implement product launch and route-to-market strategies, from conception and planning, through requirements definition, development, launch and post-launch. - Seamlessly bring new product and product extensions to market, lead launch strategy, planning and timelines to ensure maximum impact and adoption. - Establish requirements prioritization across all NPI tracks with partners from across Beats and senior executives - Provide comprehensive and concise senior leadership updates on the status of product initiatives. - Supervise the health of projects at all times along with the associated risks and implications to timelines; lead the resolution of cross-functional issues - Set the Beats global product commercialization principles to ensure route to market and launch standard excellence (i.e. work streams, senior leadership gate reviews, product status updates, etc). - Ensure commercial readiness and a successful launch by identifying, implementing and partnering with brand and marketing. - Set and achieve key performance indicators and objectives linked to strategy and deliver on future revenue goals. - Lead the management, implementation and reporting of all product launch initiatives by developing project plans/timelines, ensuring cross-functional alignment and collaboration. Discuss and validate the project timelines with the new product development teams. - Establish procedures and frameworks to operationalize program product management standard methodologies across product lifecycles (from building, launching and post-launch optimization). - Drive transparency with initiative plans, results, and status updates to ensure a shared understanding of prioritization and execution of initiatives. - Assemble and organize cross-functional teams to effective launch new products and product extensions. This includes risk management, partner management, governance, meeting cadence and communication. Develop mitigating action plans to address identified project risks and gaps. - Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and improve business benefit while building great customer experiences. - Collaborate and build strong relationships with clear communication cross-functional within Beats and Apple teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Channel, Sales, Operations, etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related industry experience. An MBA degree is a plus.