Camera Silicon Analog Design Engineer (Japan)
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. In this role, you will be at the center of the image sensor design effort, with a critical impact on camera design. This includes scoping and documenting analog/mixed-signal drivers for camera system, engaging in design execution and driving analog/mixed signal validation.
- Deep understanding of the classic building blocks of an image sensor ASIC, such as pixel buffer, column buffer, column based low power ADC, as well as analog voltage references, voltage generators, regulators.
- Familiar with analog simulation flow for circuit performance verification in the time and frequency domains, including signal stability, noise, PSRR and their design trade-offs across process corners.
- Understanding of image sensors internal timing requirements and array driving techniques.
- Possess a general understanding of camera system level requirements.
- Previous experience with image sensors designs and familiarity with the industry trends and status is a plus.
- You will be willing and able to travel to supplier facilities for design reviews, silicon bring up and production issues as needed.
Collaborate with the wider camera team to understand the feature requirements that drive camera silicon needs. Evaluate alternate analog as well as mixed-signal architecture for image sensor ASICs. Evaluate power/performance trade-offs of each, and complexities of implementation. Document driver IC requirements to the detail required for successful implementation. Negotiate design targets and specifications with vendors, drive vendor selection, design execution, silicon validation and productization. Develop a roadmap of capabilities for future silicon revisions and camera platforms. Drive test chip design targets and characterization methodologies. Present at meetings on camera performance, features and capabilities.
Education & Experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.