DevOps Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
We are the Apple Beats Software Engineering Team. We build everything from mobile to desktop to factory applications. Our applications are used by internal teams as well as released publicly for Apple customers. At Apple, we don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry–leading environmental efforts. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will be inspired. Bring your passion and dedication to this job and there's no telling what you will achieve. Join us and you will architect, design, and implement many of the underlying components enabling us to make our applications a reality. We support both open source and home-grown technologies to provide internal Apple teams with the best possible solutions. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to own and improve tooling and systems.
- Extensive experience with container based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or EKS.
- Ability to write code in Bash/Python/Go/Perl or similar to solve automation/glue problems and develop effective tooling.
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills in complex Unix/Linux systems environment and applications implementations.
- Knowledge on AWS services(e.g. VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, S3, RDS) or experience in similar services for GCP is preferred.
- Experience designing and building CI/CD pipeline with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Salt and Kubernetes toolset (e.g, kubectl, kustomize).
- Modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE.
- Experience with modern observability/monitoring systems such as ELK, Splunk, Nagios, Dynatrace, Datadog.
- AWS Cloud Architect and/or Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certifications are highly desired!
In this role, you will use your excellent analytical skills and strong sense of ownership to drive projects from simple ideas to production. You'll be empowered to work across multiple tools to improve and expand the capabilities the team has to offer. This may include:: - Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline systems for application and firmware development teams. - Build and maintain primarily Linux and other types of systems and storage infrastructure. - Triage production issues along with other operational team members. - Expand the capacity and performance of the system. - Conduct root cause analysis of critical issues. - Ability to participate in an after hours on-call rotation schedule.
Education & Experience
- Strong CS fundamentals are essential. Whether you have a traditional CS degree or learned through industry experience, we’d love to talk with you! - Minimum 5 + years of experience in Engineering, DevOps, or as a software engineering staff member.