Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join Edge Services, the team that architects, engineers, develops, builds and operates Apple's Content Delivery Network. We operate like a small team, so you can have a lot influence and hopefully have fun in helping us build our services. As a member of the Edge Services team you will help build things that are used by hundreds of millions of people, every single day! *This role can also be based in Denver, CO.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with distributed systems infrastructure.
- Experience with DevOps and/or SRE production environments and software release management.
- Solid UNIX skills (Linux and/or FreeBSD).
- Knowledge of HTTP, content routing, and caching systems.
- Experience with system-level performance and functional testing.
- Experience with interpreted languages (e.g. Shell, Python, Perl) and compiled languages, (e.g. Golang, C/C++).
- Experience with open source software, and associated communities.
- Knowledge of large-scale networking, network security, best practices, and common Internet protocols (e.g. DNS, NTP, BGP, IPv6).
- Working knowledge with systems orchestration software (e.g. Salt, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with automated software frameworks; CI systems at a minimum (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience with system monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of operating systems deployment methods (e.g. kickstart) a plus.
Apple is looking for a DevOps Software Engineer to join our CDN team. This person will need to excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and communicate across a complex, global infrastructure. This person must be a collaborative team player that will work across cross-functional groups and have a sound business approach for supporting a global deployment. We’re looking for engineers with an appropriate balance of experience and interest in distributed systems and release management practices. Some of your early challenges might include: Adding automation to drive our regular CDN software releases, and developing software to drive automation in our build processes, as well as troubleshooting some of our more complex system issues. Further challenges might include participating on implementation teams to integrate new designs into production releases. This position will also directly interface and coordinate with our internal and external partners.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or a minimum of 5 years relevant industry and work experience.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer position starts at a minimum annual salary of $142,100. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.