Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- You have Program Management experience: the ability to manage all of the tasks and personnel resources required for this role.
- Ideally you have around 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management.
- You have knowledge of any of the following: Mechanical subassemblies, enclosures, casings, plastics, grinding, stamping, CNC, mills, lathes, etc.
- You have solid communication skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives.
- You have deep understanding of costing concepts, cost reduction, modelling, etc.
- You are able to travel domestically and Internationally.
• Supply chain management: identification, development, negotiation and management of existing and developing Apple mechanical suppliers. • Cross-functional support: with Apple's industrial design, product development and operations teams. • Build Support: on site management of mechanical enclosure manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp. • On time delivery: schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet Apple’s production demand. • Risk Mitigation: evaluation of technical and business risks using data based analysis and developing sound risk mitigation alternatives. • Cost: development, negotiation and execution of a part and assembly cost strategy. An understanding of mechanical manufacturing techniques is important to better evaluate supplier capabilities and opportunities for Apple.
Education & Experience
MSME or BSME/IE or equivalent. MBA a plus.