Acoustic Test Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Beats Acoustics & Audio team is responsible for the acoustic design and overall sound quality of music playback on Beats products. We share a passion for music, audio acoustics and developing the highest quality sound systems. We’re seeking a guide in acoustic measurements that can work independently with the multi-functional team to support development and verification of acoustic components, assemblies and production acoustic test systems.
- - At least 5 years hands-on experience with acoustic measurement of consumer audio products
- - Experience developing production acoustic test systems for headphone, earphone or speaker products - e.g. acoustic test fixture/instrumentation setup, bring-up, calibration and debugging
- - Proficient with audio analyzers, measurement microphones and calibrators, standard ear simulators, couplers and fixtures, and chambers for sound isolation and absorption
- - Experience applying statistical data analysis - e.g. distribution, Cp/Cpk analysis, GR&R - to identify/assess product or test station development issues and to confirm test station readiness
- - Effective collaborator with CM and 3rd-party acoustic test engineer counterparts to complete DOE’s and test stations for high-volume mass production
- - Articulate verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Perform and direct acoustic measurements to support product development experiments/DOE’s - Work with Apple Engineering and NPI teams, third-party test station development engineers, and CM engineering teams to drive completion of production acoustic test stations - Monitor, participate in and provide technical mentorship toward test fixture and instrumentation setup, bring-up, calibration and debugging - Review/approve fixture hardware and test station software designs - Facilitate completion of accurate test station BoM and SOP documentation - Report station bring-up status and results; drive test station GR&R - Summarize top issues with failure rate, symptom, FA and root cause - This role will be based in our Shenzhen office, with frequent travel to CM sites
Education & Experience
- Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Acoustics or a related field (physics, electrical or mechanical engineering, etc.)...But if you’ve followed a different path to expertise in acoustics, vibration, noise control, that’s fine too.