Senior System Engineering Program Manager - Beats Audio
Culver City, California, United States
Are you passionate about audio and exceptional engineering? Will you help us design the next generation of Beats audio products? Join us in developing creative solutions to deep engineering challenges. You will become an integral part of a team that champions engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. In this highly visible role, you will lead cross-functional collaboration with design, marketing and engineering teams to build world-class audio products. We are seeking a senior engineering program manager responsible for engineering development projects within the Beats organization. Projects that you would help to move forward include Beats branded earphones, headphones and accessories.
- 5-7 years of product development experience from early concept phases through production, with exposure to hardware, software, test and infrastructure across both development and manufacturing processes
- 5 years project management experience in consumer product development
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; flexible process perspective
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with rapid development cycle
- History of managing business relationships with strategic partners and new product development with cross-functional engineering teams
- Strong background in hardware and software technologies
- Experience working with off shore manufacturers and travel to manufacturing sites
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate effectively at all levels of management
In this dynamic position, you will coordinate and drive early engagements on product architecture, feature definition and program execution. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to dynamic project needs. The EPM will interact with all engineering, design and development support disciplines both within Apple and our external program partners to create exceptional products. Support system definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens in the early stages of a project Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with cross-functional technology teams Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks in an actionable form to upper management Establish and manage program feature baseline, scheduling, critical path, and technology risks areas for execution Lead cross-functional teams including EE, PD, Software, Firmware and Operations in engineering and validation activities Manage development budgets and engineering builds Establish working cross-functional program plan. Identify and handle program cross-functional dependencies and support resolving issues between teams Communicate development and feasibility needs, establishing milestones for checkpoints and status updates and drive alignment across the organization and between teams Deliver regular executive communication/presentations and drive decision alignment across the organization
Education & Experience
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines. M.S. is highly desired Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.