Wireless Systems Engineer – WLAN, BT, UWB, Thread
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple RF System Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual to work on integration of WLAN, BT, UWB and Thread technologies into Apple’s wireless products.
- Proficiency in of 802.11, 802.15, BT SIG and world-wide regulatory emissions RF requirements and implications to device and test equipment architectures, and performance tradeoffs.
- Direct hands-on experience and proficient knowledge of underlying theory and techniques used in of WLAN, BT, UWB and Thread technologies.
- Proficiency in connectivity transceiver and RF front end architectures and performance tradeoffs.
- Proficiency in system level RF parametric its sources in RF component characteristics and behavior.
- Direct hands-on system level debug and optimization experience on RF conducted characteristics.
- Deep knowledge of test set-ups of complex RF test equipment for hardware validation.
- Experience in characterizing and validating devices towards industry and world-wide regulatory emissions RF standards using RF lab test equipment (Call box, Power meter, Network analyzer, Spectrum analyzer, signal generator).
- Proficiency in device certification processes on at least one of industry certification (BT SIG, Fira) and Regulatory conformance (FCC, EU, China, etc.)
- Experience with entire product development cycle of connectivity handsets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You will be utilizing wireless system design and characterization knowledge towards addressing wireless technologies towards industry conformance, regulatory compliance carrier and use case performance requirements in consumer products. Examples of activities you may be involved in are: - Defining comprehensive RF parametric HW characterization and validation test plans to ensure connectivity products conform to industry and regulatory emissions standards - Tracking validation progress, present and bring insight into data and represent status to senior management. - Debugging, root-causing and collaborating on corrective action for identified RF issues working with chipset and system partners. - Collaborating in optimizing product performance across hardware, firmware, software and algorithms. - Aligning test equipment RF feature development plans with that of product platforms. - Translating system level requirements to sub-system, module, component and chipset level requirements with cross-functional chipset and system teams. - Defining complex experiments using modified hardware, experimental setups, circuit and system-level simulations to understand risks and root causes. - Performing feasibility investigation on new technologies, RF features, regulatory requirements, test methodologies and RF components.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience or master’s degree with 5+ years' experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred.