Senior QA System Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
The Apple Beats team is looking for a highly-motivated senior QA engineer to drive our cross functional testing efforts in improving systems across all of Beats’ family of products. Quality is essential to the Beats headphones/speaker product experience; in this key role you'll have responsibilities throughout the System, including but not limited to test planning and execution, undertaking investigations into architectural improvements, driving general analysis, and debugging and resolving individual issues. Join the Beats Engineering team! We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team.
- Strong technical understanding and experience of Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy specifications is preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience of Bluetooth Profiles (HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, GATT based profiles) is preferred.
- Experience with test execution and developing system test plan
- Strong understanding of the software development process
- Strong technical understanding of operating systems and how the various layers in the software stack fit together.
- Working knowledge of UN*X-based systems and command-line tools for debugging, analysis and automation.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Bluetooth over-the-air sniffers, including Frontline and Ellisys.
- Experience writing Python scripting is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills is essential.
- Possess an understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
A successful candidate will combine strong technical and analytical abilities with excellent communication skills. In a highly cross-functional role, they will collaborate with hardware, firmware, and software developers in a wide range of disciplines in analyzing system issues at the highest level down to the lowest levels of the system, identifying bottlenecks, debugging issues, and tuning the software prior to implementing and evangelizing improvements and solutions. They will also develop test plans and test infrastructure/tools and implement test cases.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.