Systems QA Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
The Apple Beats team is looking for a highly-motivated systems QA engineer to drive our cross functional testing efforts in improving systems across all Beats products. Quality is essential to the Beats headphones/speaker product experience; in this key role you'll have responsibilities throughout the System, including but not limited to test planning and execution, undertaking investigations into architectural improvements, driving general analysis, and debugging and resolving individual issues. Join the Beats Engineering team! We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team.
- Experience with test execution and developing system test plan
- Possess an understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Familiarity with Bluetooth or other wireless technologies is a plus
- Understanding of the software development process
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills is essential.
- Working knowledge of UN*X-based systems and command-line tools for debugging, analysis and automation.
- Experience writing Python scripting is a plus
- Experience with and working knowledge of Bluetooth over-the-air sniffers, including Frontline and Ellisys is a plus
A successful candidate will combine strong technical and analytical abilities with excellent communication skills. In a highly cross-functional role, they will collaborate with hardware, firmware, and software developers in a wide range of disciplines in analyzing system issues at the highest level down to the lowest levels of the system, identifying bottlenecks, debugging issues, and tuning the software prior to implementing and evangelizing improvements and solutions. They will also develop test plans and test infrastructure/tools and implement test cases.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.