Culver City, California, United States
Are you interested in joining the creative team behind an Emmy® Award-winning interactive narrative experience? At Apple, we strive to deliver surprise and delight to our millions of customers, and our team operates at the intersection of imagination and technology. This hands-on Technical Experience Designer position entails working with a dynamic, cross-discipline team to transform visionary ideas and concepts into groundbreaking consumer content. We are looking for someone ready to jump into a world of innovation and spend time in R&D—someone with a proven track record of shipping complex projects under demanding timelines.
- Passion for creating imaginative experiences powered by cutting-edge technology.
- 5+ years shipping interactive entertainment experiences.
- Expertise in realtime 3D game editors such as Unity, Unreal, or similar.
- Thorough knowledge of pipelines and processes used in real-time art development.
- Extensive experience building tools to improve pipelines across different aspects of game art production.
- Deep understanding of runtime performance and how to scale content for different platforms.
- Strong understanding of real time rendering.
- Strong programming experience, ideally Swift, C, C++, C#.
- Ability to communicate precisely with multiple departments.
- Self-starter and driver, excellent communicator and team-player.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives.
- Mobile 3D game development experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate has deep experience in the facilitation of realtime production workflows, balancing considerations for performance optimizations and artistic quality, including working with custom engines. The candidate has managed the responsibility and has acted in the role of bridging engineering and art disciplines to enable artists, pipeline architecture, and content delivery at the highest level of real-time production. There is a substantial R&D component to our development and production. The candidate we are looking for is excited about defining new workflows and passionate about embracing new forms of content creation and delivery. As a Technical Artist you will: Build systems, shaders & interaction mechanics in collaboration with creative and engineering teams, while working closely with art and animation on complex interactive systems. Collaborate with creatives to maximize available technology. Work together with engineering to develop new technologies. Create prototypes to showcase ideas. Lead and deliver projects through their full development cycle. Oversee optimization of graphics. Take risks and fail, then learn from those failures as part of the creative process. Continuously look for opportunities to improve how tools and processes are executed.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent required.