Engineering Program Manager, Line Extensions
Culver City, California, United States
The Line Extension Department is responsible for the development and project management of Beats’ new product color development, seasonal product launches, marketing partnership programs and customs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a program manager with demonstrated success in developing with a wide range of injection molded manufacturing processes and post- production finishing techniques.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of ME related product development.
- Track record as a successful program manager with involvement from initial concept through product delivery.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
- Lead multiple product development projects through the life cycle process from concept to product delivery.
- Manage the execution of on-time delivery of an external vendor base.
- Manage and implement programs involving cross-functional disciplines of Software, Hardware, Operations, Marketing and Finance.
- Management of local and remote teams from multiple disciplines.
- Create, develop and manage program resources, schedule for program and product delivery.
- Deliver programs under resource and time constraints established in the program plan.
- Ability to anticipate program issues and create risk management lists and contingency plans. Decide upon and execute contingency plans, when required.
- Accurately report program status to multi-tiered audiences composed of team, peers, BU directors and executive staff audiences.
- Participate in process and business workflow improvements, product development lead-times and internal division processes.
- Ensure other team members comply with all quality assurance standards.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows, Mac OS and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Candidates should have a proven successful track record of delivering a variety of high quality consumer electronic products on-time and should have a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership skills built on a solid foundation of planning and risk management of a large number of projects. The position entails product development program management from product concept to the start of mass production. The job involves frequent interaction with various stakeholders including internal cross-functional team members, external vendors/partners, executive staff members, and product management teams. The work scope will include, but is not limited to, management of the program design and execution, test activities, schedule development and management. The individual will have broad responsibilities in managing moderate sized programs that involve team members from multiple disciplines. The EPM must be able to objectively evaluate risks to program objectives and be comfortable making difficult decisions, as well as deal with a certain degree of ambiguity and is also capable of making sound business decisions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in an engineering or business related studies. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or technical graduate degree, a plus.
- PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; may stand for lengthy periods at events; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses; color vision required; hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and on the telephone; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
- May travel by car or plane domestically and internationally.
- Integrally involved with product launches, necessitating additional work hours and evening and weekend commitments both for events and team communications.
- Works effectively under high level of pressure and demanding time lines.