Credit Manager, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We are looking for a Credit Manager to support growing sales while limiting credit risk. The individual is responsible for leading the Japan portfolio of customer credit lines and collateral management. This role requires strong credit analytical skills, a meticulous mind to handle collaterals, excellent interpersonal skills and solid proficiency in Japanese and English for communication with our customers, external partners and internal collaborators. This role is based in Tokyo and reports to the Senior Credit Manager.
- Minimum 8 years of commercial credit and risk assessment experience with excellent technical skills in credit analysis, scoring, and underwriting in a commercial bank or large multinational company
- Excellent verbal and written English and Japanese communication skills and ability to succinctly articulate risks and credit recommendation
- Customer focus with strong customer relationship competency and comfortable in engaging with customer’s senior management
- Well-versed in customer Contract Credit language, Credit Risk Mitigation Structures and implementation (e.g. collateral, credit insurance, bank support, parent support, etc.), Trade solutions, Credit rating agencies and other third party research
- A team player who enjoys a collaborative environment with open dialogue and demonstrates ability to influence & negotiate
- Comfortable with operating independently with minimal supervision, reliable judgment and using deductive and inductive reasoning to resolve a variety of highly complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Able to function in a fast-paced, dynamic, global environment and capable of balancing multiple priorities that are dateline driven.
- Genuine passion for Apple products.
- English and Japanese language proficiency required.
- Structure and prepare credit reviews recommending for and/or approving credit limits in line with the delegated approval authorities, including making recommendations to reduce/control risk - Lead collateral negotiation and credit structuring with customers and handle collateral documentation to support the rationale for extension of credit - Close partnership and collaboration with various internal business and functional partners to continuously be aligned with business strategy - Proactively supervise changes in economic, industry, and customer conditions, as well as maintain proactive communication with customers to evaluate changes to their credit worthiness - Actively participate and present in Quarterly Credit Reviews with Worldwide - Drive Channel Financing initiatives, including establishing and handling relationships with key partner banks - Drive/implement best practices across regional and WW credit teams, and drive improvement in execution projects - Collaborate with Shared Services teams to ensure the A/R quality and ensure timely repayment - Lead bad debt workouts/restructuring and assist with recovery efforts - Prepare management reporting
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting required, MBA and/or Bank Credit training is a strong plus.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.