Silicon HW-SW Methodology Engineering Project Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to handle the automation and execution of data delivery from hardware to software teams for optimal SOC configuration. You will be part of the methodology team within the Hardware Technology Organization and will be responsible for HW-SW integration methodology, automation infrastructure and execution for silicon programs to be an enabler for power and performance optimization. You will also be responsible for HW-SW risk mitigation, meet product schedules and creation/sustenance of a scalable methodology to work for all of Apple’s products. You will work with technical managers to prioritize issues and track technical details. The EPM needs to be a confident organizer, ready to work with various engineering and EPM teams in different geographies. Apple’s HW Technology silicon engineering environment is dynamic and requires the ability to quickly prioritize and drive initiatives. Technical understanding of software and hardware, scripting skills as well as excellent people and communication skills, are keys to success.
- 5+ years of hardware and SOC design development including methodologies, architecture, RTL development and CAD tool usage.
- 1+ year(s) of Engineering Project Management/ Engineering Management experience
- Excellent scripting skills in Python
- Experience with IP-XACT as an IP exchange format is a plus
- Good understanding of embedded firmware development
- Experience with documentation of software programming guides
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organization skills
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Strong desire to own/drive project planning and development using well-defined metrics
• Follow program management structure and processes to enable regular status and issues reporting, and promote collaboration and alignment across various silicon and software teams • Develop scripts and automation to implement scalable pre and post silicon SOC methodology • Facilitate communication and coordination across many multi-functional design engineering teams. • Planning, prioritizing, and driving tasks and achievements to meet adventurous schedules • Understand technical issues and driving them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making • Compile multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of partners, from individual contributors to senior management • Evaluation of current processes and driving innovative, comprehensive improvements and methodologies
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE, BSCE/MSCE or equivalent is required