Engineering Program Manager- Hardware & Packaging
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it！ Apple’s Beats Engineering team is looking for a motivated, technical oriented Engineering Program Manager to manage projects through the Hardware and Packaging engineering phase. Join our exciting and fast-paced engineering organization where we challenge the landscape through innovation, secure customer enablement, and privacy. As a program manager on our team, you will be responsible for driving the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectivities focusing on engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. You are able to objectively evaluate risks to program goals and clearly report risk and proposed solution to keep the program moving. If you are a self-motivated individual who love non-routine work that requires strong communication, multitask ability, critical thinking, and creative problem solving, we’d love to hear from you!
- - Project management experience with a track record of working with US based project teams.
- - Strong communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills.
- - Knowledge of China local ODM Eco-System is a must.
- - Ability of managing multiple tasks, dates, deadlines, and deliverables.
- - Detailed knowledge of product development processes from concept to mass production.
- - Accurately report program status weekly to the packaging, hardware and cross-functional teams.
- - Knowledge of packaging materials.
- - Proactively approaches and follows through on important issues.
- - Able to compare, contrast and quality check work with a keen attention to detail.
- - Able to manage multiple fast paced and complex projects while maintaining consistent accuracy and quality of work.
- - Able to work under pressure and high impact deadlines with minimal Supervision.
- Support day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives, create schedules, escalate critical issues as appropriate, align with cross-functional teams to drive milestones and set priorities to achieve project timelines. - Collaborate and facilitate communication across fellow EPMs, ODMs and vendor partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals. - Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making. - Clearly track build readiness schedules to ensure builds happen on schedule. - Work directly with ODM project team to manage materials lead-times. - Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work directly with executive teams and provide executive status updates. - Able to resolve complex development issues with an extended/overseas team in a fast paced environment - Act as a central point of contact for US based EPMs.
Education & Experience
- BS in Engineering with 6+ years of relevant working experience in project management or equivalent.