Technical Experience Designer
Culver City, California, United States
Are you interested in joining the creative team behind an Emmy® Award-winning interactive narrative experience? At Apple, we strive to deliver surprise and delight to our millions of customers, and our team operates at the intersection of imagination and technology. This hands-on Technical Experience Designer position entails working with a dynamic, cross-discipline team to transform visionary ideas and concepts into groundbreaking consumer content. We are looking for someone ready to jump into a world of innovation and spend time in R&D—someone with a proven track record of shipping complex projects under demanding timelines. As Technical Experience Designer, you will be a bridge between the worlds of design and engineering. You will build interactive systems and bring complex story sequences to life with your well-balanced skills in scripting and programming. You will have one foot in design and the other in engineering as you work closely with a team of designers, artists, animators, engineers, and more to deliver innovative, genre-defining experiences. If you are excited by the opportunity to craft experiences that delight millions of customers, we want to hear from you!
- Passion for creating imaginative experiences powered by cutting-edge technology.
- 5+ years shipping interactive entertainment experiences.
- Shipped at least one high profile experience in a technical, systems, or game design role.
- Mastery of design philosophy for interactive entertainment experiences.
- Expert in realtime 3D game editors such as Unity, Unreal, or similar.
- Familiar with 3D Studio Max, Maya, or equivalent for level design.
- Excellent problem solving, creative thinking, communication, and presentation skills.
- Desire to grow interactive entertainment beyond traditional experiences.
- Experience in AR/VR a plus.
As a Technical Experience Designer, you will: Implement all technical components of content, including complex story sequences and set pieces, and be responsible for the general execution of interactive beats. Build systems and interaction mechanics in collaboration with engineering, and work closely with art and animation on complex interactive sequences. Partner with an Experience Designer as the main point of content integration for other disciplines, and help manage experience story, structure, pacing, and flow in collaboration with a cross-discipline team. Act as a producer for systems and mechanics, working alongside project management to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines. Work on both internal R&D and shipping projects. Take risks and fail, then learn from those failures as part of the creative process. Continuously look for opportunities to improve how tools and processes are executed.
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc, Game Design / Game Programming or relevant industry experience