Audio Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? Advanced audio technology is at the heart of Apple’s products. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to help lead software work in this area. You’ll be responsible for defining and running processes that move several teams from idea through shipping amazing new features and products. IMG provides the media and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, Beats, and Mac. As a key link between developers and our hardware, IMG drives Apple’s audio playback, processing and recording experiences through several APIs, including CoreAudio.
- 5+ years of Project Management in a high-tech environment, or equivalent technical management role.
- Proven leadership on major, cross-functional projects.
- Experience with software development and/or system planning for new audio products.
- Proven ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields.
- Demonstrated ability to provide succinct, accurate executive summaries of complicated situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Build and maintaining implementation plans for all audio team commitments across multiple operating systems and hardware products. Maintaining a multi-year roadmap of commitments from and requests of the audio teams. Define communication between the audio and engineering partners. Drive cross-functional software implementation for audio accessories. Communicate project progress to all cross-functional stakeholders.
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)