Corporate Communications Leader, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Can you imagine what you could do here? Apple's worldwide communications team advises the world about the company, our innovative products and services, and the values that drive us. The team includes professionals with backgrounds in corporate communications strategy, journalism, media relations, buzz marketing, and event production. We are seeking a Corporate Communications leader to drive strategy, planning, and execution of our communications programs and initiatives in Japan! This is a hands-on media relations leadership role, working day-to-day with the team to engage with media and tune in to what is happening locally to ensure our messages are accurately delivered in the appropriate depth and scale, to the right audience at the right time. The role will direct a team of PR experts who will champion our products, software, services and our corporate identity to seek innovative ways to keep our core messages at the heart of the customer conversation. The role is expected will to work collaboratively with other critical functions - - Product Marketing, Marcom, Sales, Retail, GA, Legal and Services to articulate and craft our narrative, lead launch and momentum planning, and drive alignments in eco-system storytelling. Responsibilities will encompass crafting and leading results oriented PR programs with technology, consumer, lifestyle, entertainment, broadcast, general business press as well as content creators. This role will partner closely with WW to align on messaging, product positioning, and global initiatives while also defining and communicating region-unique ideas for current and future stories. Excellent communication and relationship building skills that will help to build alignment and advocacy across multiple partners in Cupertino will be important. The ideal candidate will be extraordinary teammates, be self-motivated, with a passion for consumer technology, innovation and culture, as well as having a deep understanding of the local media landscape and social media space. This position will be required to be highly organized, able to work under tight deadlines, with ability to navigate in a world of ambiguity, and a keen attention to details. We invite you to join us and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 15+ years experience in PR. This might include roles in PR agencies or corporate PR departments
- Experience working for or with a global organization in both consumer and/or corporate PR capacity, consumer technology and lifestyle markets are preferred
- Deep understanding and network with local media/journalists, social influencers and/or content creators
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills combined with detailed project management
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, energizing environment
- Highly collaborative with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills
- Experience in issues management
- Availability for travels
- Proficient command of English and Japanese language
- Use outstanding knowledge of the media landscape in Japan to broaden and deepen our connections with consumer, lifestyle, technology, business and trade outlets, as well as emerging media - Identify and capitalize on new opportunities to deliver quality coverage placements - Identify new and creative ways to reach influencing media, develop/localize relevant content, and share the Apple story - Support multiple areas including crisis management, internal communications, and providing counsel to other local leaders if required - Stay on top of key coverages, keeping the wider Japan and worldwide teams up to date on what's going on in your markets - Manage and respond to day-to-day press inquiries and update regular media on the latest Apple news. Manage and handle distribution of PR materials and resources, provide context and recommendations on localization needs - Coordinate key press briefings, press tours, select Hit Lists for special events, gathering coverage, and reporting on results - Handle crisis and other reactive PR situations with poise, knowing when and how to respond to media inquiries; diffuse rumors, and resolve conflicting messages. Proactively identify and raise potential public issues that may impact Apple - Drive product seeding program for launch, momentum campaigns and content reviews. Identify new opportunities and handhold media to ensure a seamless experience
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree. Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Journalism is preferred.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. At Apple, we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.