Channel Sales Program Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Channel Sales Programs at Apple are deployed across all key routes to market, including but not limited to consumer electronics stores, Carrier shops across Japan as well as a selective number of premium resellers and specialty stores. The programs strive to drive an outstanding customer experience in the channel for Apple, incorporating visual merchandizing, fixtures, marketing assets, staffing, training, demo units and content, in-store technology, demand generation, services and more! The success of these programs is dependent upon the coordinated efforts of several critical teams within Apple. The Channel Sales Programs team leads the overall plan for, execution of, and post-installation activities of these programs, collaborating with various functional groups in Apple. This individual will focus on managing the overall in-store program both from physical and digital elements ranged from yearly/quarterly planning all the way to execution, as well as managing team members to ensure all piece are tied together, and they doing their best work at Apple. This role works closely with many internal collaborator as well as with various cross functional teams in Japan and Cupertino.
- 4~10 years of channel development, in-store program development experience in an indirect Channel/Partner environment.
- Curiosity about new technology including, Connected Home, Health Kit, CarPlay, and how this technology with macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS can turn into new in-store/omni channel customer experience programs for end users.
- Must be keen to understand customers’ shopping behavior and journey to craft out the best possible customer experience
- Ability to balance short-term execution needs with long-term strategic, scalable and operational views to ensure constant support of channel POS and partners.
- Established and proven experience in collaborating with internal partners to achieve goals as a virtual team, including strong project management of complexed issues.
- Must be prominent in identifying the issue(s), planning out solutions by engaging with multiple team members and to resolving.
- Have strong analytical and presentation skill to effectively influence multiple collaborators.
- Outstanding written communications skills both in English and Japanese
- This role will cover a combination of existing Apple in-store program management, as well as collaboration with multiple teams to deliver all the works in a successful manner. - Lead the introduction of new in-store program - Constantly supervise existing in-store programs to identify areas to improve, as well as to engage with key team members to initiate corrective actions. - Manage new product launches as well as seasonal campaigns by ensuring all results are delivered to stores at the right timing, guidelines and directions are accurate and operational in order to conduct merchandizing refreshes flawlessly. - Facilitate yearly/quarterly business reviews to share and raise business critical agenda(s) - Lead and manage yearly budget planning. - Perform effective collaboration with internal team members through all works to make sure the strategy, tactics and actions are aligned with company’s directions.
Education & Experience
BS/BA required, advanced degree preferred.