Thermal Engineering Technician
Austin, Texas, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We are looking for an experienced Thermal Engineering Technician to join our Thermal Product Design team. We hope to find candidates who have deep knowledge of Apple’s hardware and software products, technical problem-solving experience, and outstanding interpersonal skills, to partner with multi-functional teams to debug development hardware and software control systems.
- 3+ years as a Support Technician or QA Technician
- A deep knowledge and passion for Apple’s ecosystem
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing Apple HW and SW
- Shown ability to build and run test suites, file bugs and regressions, and communicate status.
- Experience with Python, shell scripting or other programming language.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels, with outstanding oral and written communication.
- Ability to create clear documentation for test procedures.
As part of the Thermal Design Team, you’ll work on Apple’s hardware products and software, across our iOS, macOS and tvOS platforms. You’ll collaborate closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams, to design and carry out detailed test plans and report results. An ideal candidate would be comfortable working in QA and staging environments, ensuring new features, bug fixes, instrument and setup devices to ensure improvements do not negatively affect our current thermal performance. We are a multi-faceted team and you should be capable of changing pace without missing a beat. You’ll be just as comfortable building out a complex test plan or dissecting an automation script behind the scenes. You’re also supremely analytical, and can take the lead in prioritizing your day-to-day priorities into efficient and balanced workflows.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.