Cellular Modem System Test Engineer: Carrier Certification and IOT Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich peoples' lives and deliver the best user-experience. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you!
- 3+ years of experience as Carrier Certification, Conformance, Interoperability, Test or Wireless Systems Test Engineer
- Deep knowledge in cellular protocol stack, including but not limited to, PHY/MAC/RLC/RRC/NAS procedures as well as end to end system knowledge (5G NR, LTE, WCDMA)
- Past work experience in projects involving carrier certification, infrastructure vendors and/or chipset/OEM testing.
- Hands-on experience testing wireless technologies (5G-NR, LTE, UMTS, WiFi-calling, IMS etc.)
- Familiarity with Docomo, KDDI, Softbank and/or Rakuten certification process and Hands-on experience executing these certification test plans are a plus.
- Excellent log analysis, troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Scripting skills in Perl, Python, Shell is a plus
- Consistent track record of project work from concept to commercialization
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while deftly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Fervently hardworking and inquisitive, and seeks to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
This position involves executing 4G&5G certification and IOT testing at internal and external labs, analyzing results and failures and identifying issues and optimizations to enhance user experience. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies, then we are looking for you. As part of this team you'll be impacting user experience of many of our upcoming products. We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, lab/field experimentations to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi-functionally with platform architecture, firmware/protocol development, system test & carrier engineering teams to drive the quality of our future products, enhancement proposals and baseband optimizations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent. PHD in EE a plus