Audio SQA Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
Would you like to contribute to an excellent user experience that people expect from Apple devices inside the audio space? We are the Beats Engineering team and looking for a highly motivated Audio QA Engineer who will be part of our Beats Audio Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Team.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional industry experience in an engineering role, preferably in a pro-audio, hearing aid, or similar field.
- Strong background and understanding of audio signal processing and analysis (filtering, frequency response, VAD, noise reduction) and audio measurement tools and equipment (signal generators and analyzers, artificial head-and-torso measurements).
- Excellent understanding of systems engineering principles (requirements, specifications, verification).
- Strong understanding of QA responsibilities and good practices.
- Proficient in at least one programming language that supports OOP such as Python.
- Proficient in command-line tools such as bash.
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Committed to quality and passionate about customer experience.
Drive and lead Beats Audio QA activities, including manual and automated testing, during the development stage of our future audio products. Use sophisticated and highly specialized audio measurement equipment to validate the audio performance of our systems. Actively listen to our devices to determine the level of audio quality. Create test plans and strategies. Schedule, execute, and delegate test runs. File high-quality bug reports to facilitate efficient debugging. Actively manage, and triage reported issues and be involved in root-causing defects. Use internal development tools to extract logs and other data from the system under test. Collaborate with multi-functional teams.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in CS/CE/EE or similar field.